Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Just wanted to highlight this weather page for santiago (my closest city). look at the ¨feels like¨section. I think it´s very accurate...also note that when it´s raining in Santiago, it isn´t necessarily doing so in my town. If the wind is blowing from the north, it´s probably not raining...
the hottest place i´ve ever lived

This is SO frustrating! I was saying to my mom-slash-spiritual guru that this may be the hardest thing I´ve ever done. Not Peace Corps, but specifically dealing with four months of drought, heat, and wind.

Probably won´t post again till after my rapidly-approaching vacation (I know I´ve been remiss but I am convinced that only my family and a few close friends read this...that counter is whack), but then it MUST be raining so I MUST be doing activities, plus I´ll have vacation pictures to post.

1 comment:

Flaming Curmudgeon said...

But what exactly does 111 degrees FEEL LIKE? I mean, after a while don't you just stop feeling? Ouchy!? Are you going away on vacation? That would be lovely. I hope you and the kids (get it -- goats/kids?) doing? And if this is the hardest thing you ever do -- survive the intensity of the heat, etc. -- won't it be nice to have it behind you while you are still a young whippersnapper? Love, UK