Saturday, June 27, 2009

Cochina Cochina

Cochino/a (ko-chee-no/a): very dirty, ragged, unkempt sort of a lower-class/skankyness connotation; like, if a kid plays in the mud then tries to grab a tortilla off someone’s plate, you yell at them for being cochino/a. The goal, often hard to achieve in ridiculous heat/weather conditions, is to stay kempt and un-cochina…

However, I am a bit cochina, though I’m the only one who sees it: my underwear no longer fits because the hand washing stretches it out, and most are starting to get holes, but I’m not throwing them away because as far as I know I won’t easily be able to replace them (there’s no Victoria’s Secret here…and the other clothing stores, I’ve found out, won’t let you try underwear on and I tend to be a XXXL in all the other clothes they carry).

This is not a plea for packages of underwear, just thought you’d all enjoy a vocab lesson combined with a little update on my status. That is to say, I’ve been away a really long time, but it took me until I saw my holey undies to realize it. 10 months until I go SHOPPING for new ones and probably have a heart attack from the price.

2 comments:

Flaming Curmudgeon said...

Lordy, young lady, I'll send you some un-cochina scanties but I don't know your size. Oy vey. Oh, now I won't be able to sleep for worry! HAHAHAHAHAH just kidding. Thanks for the vocabulary lesson. UK

JSL said...

I know you've solved this problem by now and am looking for the package(s) to forward to ya.

Love, Dad